Health and Safety
Did you know... using eggs for hatching from unvaccinated and untested sources can increase the risk of serious diseases such as E. coli and Salmonella (which can be passed through the egg). Use only professionals for your hatching experience. Below are the strict safety procedures we have in place.
- We DON'T use eggs from 'the chicken keeper down the road'. All our eggs come from fully accredited and audited hatcheries that exceed the high standard of hygiene, bio-security and traceability now required, and have achieved the 'freedom foods/RSPCS monitored' certification mark. All farms are within the lion code and poultry health scheme. Remember, happy hens lay better quality eggs!
- All parent stocks are fully vaccinated and undergo regular testing to ensure that eggs laid are pathogen free. Eggs are also treated with an industry approved sanitant.
- We NEVER use our equipment to incubate other breeds of poultry, therefore there is no risk of cross contamination.
- Our equipment is P.A.T tested.
- Upon delivery we will make available our Risk Assessments and Method Statements and proof of Public Liability Insurance.
Our services can be used with confidence in your classroom, workplace or home!